Undra Celeste New York designs modern workwear for the modern woman. We desire to dress everyday women for the place you spend the most time in your life - your work. Whether you're just starting a career, transitioning to something new or spent decades running the show; we understand the importance of showing up every day as your authentic self. Modern Workwear is polished, timeless and strong; yet fun and bold with a hint of sexy - very much like you.
Elements that you will find prevalent in the brand’s aesthetics are BOLDNESS (color and prints), MODERN (clean lines and silhouettes) and FUN (embellishments and metallics).
Undra Duncan is the founder and creative director of Undra Celeste New York, based in Brooklyn, New York. Undra has 12+ years of fashion product development and brand management experience. She’s worked for some of the industry’s top organizations, such as Calvin Klein, American Eagle Outfitters, Global Brands Group (formerly Li & Fung), and Marc Ecko creating and developing products in women’s wear, men’s wear, and accessories throughout the Asia. In addition to having an exciting career within these established brands, she has also founded and operated two successful fashion companies. In 2009, Undra founded Cousin & Co. Inc. - a contemporary handbag company that was sold in boutiques round the country. Entrepreneurship has allowed her to gain a wealth of knowledge and visibility to all aspects of the fashion industry.
To highlight a few of her more notable accomplishments:
- Co-Designed the Lebron James x Nike x HFR first ever basketball shoes for women by women
- Featured on OWN
- Mentee of American fashion designer Tory Burch
- Graduate of Goldman Sachs 10K Small Business program (cohort 4)
- Secured product features in national magazines including Lucky Magazine and People Style Watch
- Featured in the 2010 CBS special Fashion Forward — Making it in Fashion
- Traveled throughout the U.S. and Asia to facilitate garment and handbag production