Undra Celeste New York designs modern workwear for multicultural women. Whether she’s just starting a career, transitioning to something new or has spent decades running the show; we understand the importance of showing up every day as her authentic self.
Modern Workwear is polished, timeless and strong; yet fun and bold with a hint of sexy - very much like the women we serve.
Elements that you will find prevalent in the brand’s aesthetics are BOLDNESS (color and prints), MODERN (clean lines and silhouettes) and FUN (embellishments and metallics).
Undra Duncan is the founder and creative director of Undra Celeste New York. A modern workwear brand for multicultural women. She started designing as early as 10-years old in Brooklyn. Growing up with hard-working Caribbean parents, she didn’t fully understand that the thing she loved to do as a child could be a business or even a career. After graduating with a business degree from Howard University, Undra moved back to New York to find her way in fashion.
Once back in New York, she quickly started her fashion career, working in product development and brand management for some amazing brands. After 12+ years in the industry, Undra founded Undra Celeste New York.
To date, Undra has a strong emerging brand, shown at New York Fashion Week twice, been featured in countless fashion publications, worked with the CFDA and collaborated with Nike and Lebron James to co-design the first ever women’s basketball shoe created for women by women.
To highlight a few of her more notable accomplishments:
- Co-Designed the Lebron James x Nike x HFR first ever basketball shoes for women by women
- Featured on OWN
- Mentee of American fashion designer Tory Burch
- Graduate of Goldman Sachs 10K Small Business program (cohort 4)
- Secured product features in national magazines including Lucky Magazine and People Style Watch
- Featured in the 2010 CBS special Fashion Forward — Making it in Fashion
- Traveled throughout the U.S. and Asia to facilitate garment and handbag production